Do I need a clearance or a permit? /
|Product/Service:||PlayRugbyLeague / MyProfile|
|Permission Required:||NRL.com Account with linked Member Profile|
Clearances and Permits are only required for the following Member Types:
- Player Tackle
- Player League Tag
Coach, Trainer and Volunteer, and other Member Types do NOT require a clearance or permit.
NOTE: Your current Club, Association and new Club will be required to approve any requested clearance or permit.
A clearance is required when a Player and/or match official is moving from one Club/Association to another regardless of whether it is a new season or during a season.
A permit is required when a player and/or match official is registered in one Club/Association (primary club) and is being permitted to play/referee in another Club/Association on an interim basis.
See some examples below:
I want to CHANGE CLUBS
You need a clearance if changing from one PRIMARY Club to a different PRIMARY Club.
e.g. If you were last registered to play/referee at "Club A" but now want to play/referee at "Club B", you will need to apply for a clearance.
Your current Club/Association and new Club/Association will be required to approve any requested clearance, then you will need to complete the registration form for your new Club.
I want to be "DUAL REGISTERED" (Play/Referee at 2 different Clubs/Associations)
You need a permit if you want to have a PRIMARY and a SECONDARY Club/Association.
Note: This option is NOT available over state lines, and ensure you note any relevant rules in your area regarding finals eligibility as a permitted player.
e.g. If you primarily play in a Junior Club but also have permission to play in a Senior club, you would need to be registered with your Junior Club then get a permit to your Senior Club.
e.g. If you primarily play at a Club near home but work away and have permission to play at a Club near your work, you would need to be registered to play at your home Club then get a permit to your play at work Club.
e.g. If you primarily referee in one Association but will be travelling to referee at a carnival, you will need a permit from your Primary Association to the Association where the carnival is being held.
The Secondary Club/Association must request the permit, and your Primary Club/Association will be required to approve the requested permit. You will be notified by email if the permit is approved or declined.
How do I check the status of my clearance?
Once you've requested a clearance, you can check the status in your Profile's Clearance History tab.
The different options are:
- Pending - your clearance still needs to be approved at one or more levels (e.g. Club, Association)
- Awaiting Participant Registration - your clearance has been approved at all relevant levels and is waiting for you to register.
- Approved - this clearance is complete.
Under the National Clearance Policy, a timeframe of ten (10) working days is allowed for a clearance to be either approved or denied within State League jurisdictions, however there are some circumstances under local and state rules where this may delayed.
If you have questions about a pending clearance:
- Contact the Club you are transferring TO to see if there is anything they need from you to approve your clearance, or advise what level/s the Clearance is awaiting approval.
- Contact the Club you are transferring FROM to find out if there is anything outstanding that you need to attend to before approval is made.
- If your Clearance is awaiting approval at another level, speak with your Club to find out how to follow up with the relevant level in your area.
- Unfortunately, the NRL Support Team cannot approve local clearances. They must be managed by the local administrators.
I am a COACH, TRAINER, OR VOLUNTEER
You do NOT require a clearance or permit to register at a different Club.
Team Staff can register at whichever Club they will be completing duties as a Coach, Trainer, or Volunteer. This includes at multiple locations, as required.
Still need help?
Our friendly support team is here to help.CONTACT SUPPORT